Monday, January 19, 2009

"Silly of me" by Deniece Williams

This is an old school song but its definitely my shyt! I think every girl has been involved with a guy who basically played the shyt out of her. Its cool! And its nothing to be ashamed of!lol. You live and you learn. After I stopped dealing with a guy I was involved with (sexually that is) for almost two years, listening to this song would put tears in my eyes. That's how dead on the message was. I couldn't count the number of times that little voice in my head would tell me to "let his ass go!" But I continuosly made excuses as to why I would keep around."Valentines day is 3 months away" and "My birthday is coming up" were just two of the SEVERAL excuses I would make up.

Life lesson # 1- Listen to your gut and that little voice in your head that tells you right from wrong.

There's really no need to go into anymore details about my so called "relationship", just check out the song for yourself. Can anyone else relate to the song in some way?

No comments:

Post a Comment