Thursday, January 1, 2009

Charlotte, North Carolina anyone?

This has to be one of my biggest goals of the year- to relocate. I've been here in Harrisburg, Pa my entire life and I'm sick of it. Not only is it boring here but so many bad things have happened here that i need a change of environment. From my father passing to having to let some fake ass friends go, its definitely time for a new scenary. Harrisburg is cool if your're not originally from here but for someone who has been here their entirely lifetime- not so much. First of all, there is absolutely nothing to do here- no civilized hangout spots or decent clubs. Its boring, point blank. Its just a small city that steals their styles and identities from every other well known city and the one thing that I refuse to let happen is for me to get stuck here. There are so many people that live here that have graduated from high school only to be here doing nothing but gossiping about the same shit that happened 10 years ago. Its ridiculous and only a true harrisburgian person would actually understand what im talking about.
Anyway, Ive been doing alot of research on different locations throughout the country and have decided to visit Charlotte, N.C. Ive heard alot of great things about Charlotte and it was rated one of the best relocation cities in America. I hear its really geared towards people looking to raise families but Ive also heard it was great for young people also.
But there is a problem. I have family here that I don't really associate with so relocating with fear of having to leave my family isn't an issue. However, I do have a sister who has two small children and I'd hate to leave them here by themselves. But my sister is the type who is content with what she has and is afraid of change. I am the complete opposite. I want to move on, explore different areas of the country and the world! But she isnt interested in doing that. What should I do? Should I stay here with her and just convince her to come with me? Or should I just go on without her? I know deep down, that my father would have wanted us to stay together but I can't go through life standing in one place because someone else isn't trying to move along with me. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment