Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My future relationship resume.......

I speak with a lot of different guys who seem to say the exact same thing about ALL women: that we don't know what we really want. Understandably, we have to admit ladies that sometimes we say we want one thing but once we get it, we find out that its not really what we were looking for. For example, I once said I wanted a guy who was rough around the edges but soon after, I realized his ass was a little too rough and that wasn't what I was looking for nor was it something I had wanted at the time.

We've all said this before, if I could just take certain personalities and characteristics from different guys and put them all into that one perfect guy then that would be great! However, theres no such thing as a perfect guy and if that's what you're looking for- have fun chasing a fallacy.

I have compiled a list of basic things I would prefer my significant other to have and the reasoning behind it below:


1. A car- It is the year 2009 and easy as hell to get a car nowadays. Besides, I have a car and I barley like playing taxi for some of my closest friends so why the hell would i want to enjoy playing taxi for a grown ass man? However, the exceptions to this are 1) you had a car before we met and its in the shop for some reason. or 2) you're working and saving up towards purchasing one.

2. A job- Granted that if you are in college trying to do big things in the near future upon graduation, a job isn't really that necessary. But if you're jobless AND aren't about shyt, then theres a problem. And I refuse to be a grown mans sugar momma.

3. The ability to not have to lie ALL the damn time- Now this is a big one because I understand men will be men and sometimes they don't understand that telling the truth about certain things isn't really a bad thing. But I had this issue with a guy I use to deal with. He lied. Constantly. About every, little, thing! And the crazy thing was that I had grew to the point to KNOW when he was lying.

4. A great humorous personality- I love to laugh and I would ultimately prefer someone who had the ability to make me do so.


See, this list wasn't too in depth or specific. Notice I didn't say 'well, i like my men dark and over 6 ft' or 'he gotta have perfect teeth' because really, Ive had friends fall head over heels for guys who didn't fit their "original description" of their perfect guy.

Also ladies, I don't think its right to require a man to have something YOU don't have. If your azz is pushing' your left and right Nike's to the Bus Stop and towards a cab, you have absolutely NO RIGHT to say that a man has to have a car if he wants to get with you!

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean! When I was younger I said I wanted a guy who was tall, dark, had dreads, was paid ect. ect. when I grew up however I had to not necessarily lower my standards but be more reasonable and realistic.

    LOL @ the bottom.

    ReplyDelete